Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

After almost a month of trying to coordinate moving schedules with my family, I now live in only one place and it feels sooo good!

The end came when my mom so graciously came down to help me with the "big stuff".  She came down Friday and had nearly perfect timing, right in between rain showers, mother's intuition I swear.  After a great "mother/daughter workout" moving up flights of stairs, we patiently waited (more anxiously than patiently) for a phone call from my aunt or cousin or brother.  You see,we planned this so perfectly they had planned a bike ride down to Boone and I am right on their way so, they stopped for the night and we went out to eat and then traveled with them to Boone to ride the train.  My aunt took one for the team and rode in the Vue with mom and I got to ride in style (on the new Harley) with my uncle!  What should have taken us a half hour or so took us nearly two hours!  We weaved our way through towns and roads I have never been too!  I feel it is only fitting that on moving weekend I am taken around the area to acquaint myself with these woods.  Seriously we went through some pretty woody areas! 
We reached our destination around noon, scoped out the area and then found some food.  Returning a short while later on full stomachs ready to ride the train.  The ladies decided to go for the covered train while the boys rode on the outside.  Let me break down the ride.  Full stomachs + narrow path= a bit of motion sickness while adjusting.  turns into...beautiful scenery + causal convo with the mom and aunt= forgetting you are even on a train and all is good.  turns into...ride back + the gentle rock of the train + the cool breeze (me hanging out my window= nap time.  :)
The day graced us with some perfect weather!  After the ride we all went our separate ways.  They headed for Freedom Rock  http://thefreedomrock.com/index2.php#/home/ .  While mom and I headed back to my place.  The night was then filled with some local restaurants and a movie on my current 19 in. television and get this the movie we chose, Morning Glory, was in wide screen.  Our already small image became very small.  Good news though we just moved the patio chair the television was sitting on a bit closer to the sofa.  :) 
It was a great weekend with my family.  Very thankful for them and that they come to visit me!   Now feel free to enjoy some views from the train!

On the high bridge.  I don't remember the actual height...it was high enough.

Looking back after crossing the high bridge.  Do you see the two caps...yup the boys made the picture (sneaky!)

Passing another bridge, not as scary.

Engine coming back to get us.  Please pick us up, please pick us up!

and back we go!

So there you have it.  Not a lot of people know of my slight fear of heights so this was a definitely an adventure.

Also this weekend I discovered how to get pictures off of my phone and onto the computer without having Internet on my phone so... for your viewing pleasure an old photo from our family vacation to Duluth, MN nearly two years ago!  I love my family!
Who can stay in the freezing cold water the longest??? I definitely lost :)

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice! Phillippians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment