My grade book tells me it is now week 6! Where has the time gone? I have been in Northwest Iowa for the past two weekends, celebrating with two beautiful brides. Congratulation to the Hoppes and Hartwigs! As I drove for hours and took in the scenery I was reminded of the beauty that surrounds me every day, the peacefulness of this season, and that there is no place like home. I had several people say that I looked pretty good for my first month of teaching. The truth is that I only look alive because I am! Thank God that despite the fact that every day the hours, tasks, and young firecrackers I work for, kill and exhaust me, BUT I love it and look forward to going back every day. I have come to the realization that this is exactly what God had planned for me right now in my life and despite the fact that I was trying really hard to plan it out all last spring, his plan was much, much better. Maybe I will let him plan it out more often.
Cross Country continues to be one of the many highlights to my day. We had our second meet, it should have been number four but rain limited our already limited number of meets. The kids did AMAZING! Every single Webster City participant has improved their time and the team continues to impress me with their caring and support for each other. I have truly been blessed with a great first year.
With this great season upon us I have been trying some new soup recipes and due to the request of Judy I am going to be sharing some of my successes. Feel free to steal, change and enjoy!
Tortilla Soup
Cut up 4 medium size flour tortilla shells. Add and heat for about 10 min.
Serve with sour cream or a slice of avocado. (optional)
Enjoy!
It looks a bit funny but tastes amazing.
"Worries go down better with soup"- Jewish Proverb
Cross Country continues to be one of the many highlights to my day. We had our second meet, it should have been number four but rain limited our already limited number of meets. The kids did AMAZING! Every single Webster City participant has improved their time and the team continues to impress me with their caring and support for each other. I have truly been blessed with a great first year.
With this great season upon us I have been trying some new soup recipes and due to the request of Judy I am going to be sharing some of my successes. Feel free to steal, change and enjoy!
Tortilla Soup
· 1 medium onion
· 3 medium sized tomatoes
· 1 garlic clove
· ½ jalapeño pepper
Cut all and sauté· 2 can chicken broth- use low sodium
· 1 can cream of chicken soup
· 1 can black beans
Bring to a boil stirring occasionallyCut up 4 medium size flour tortilla shells. Add and heat for about 10 min.
Serve with sour cream or a slice of avocado. (optional)
Enjoy!
It looks a bit funny but tastes amazing.
"Worries go down better with soup"- Jewish Proverb
No comments:
Post a Comment