Do not freak out. I had this written down somewhere, probably on a sticky note and it ran out of stickiness and now it is lost forever. I don’t remember where it came from specifically but I do remember it was from The Message bible. I love it when God speaks to me, in my language.
Last week I went to my church on Wednesday night for the usual service called Encounter. I went there for very selfish reasons. I was feeling down and decided singing at the top of my lungs and having someone preach to me might get me out of my slums that I had decided to put myself into. I don’t know if men experience this but I know that as a woman some days I’m in a bad mood, I know it, I do nothing to fix it, I just want to be mad for a while. Last week Wednesday was one of those days. So I went to church wanting and nearly demanding that God make sense of everything in my life and make it better, because I was going to church. Horrible reason I know. But just to let you know, our wonderful God decided to put me in my place and inform me that I was not taking part in the divine dance with him. If I wanted to, he would gladly dance with me, but first I need to decide that I want to keep company with God and I will learn from him how to live freely and lightly. Matt 11:28-30 The Message and thus no longer having those days of the slums, or less of them anyways. After that night I once again realized I needed to make my walk better.
Today hit the slums again. After thinking I had things figured out, or the things I want to deal with figured out, the parts of life that I so conveniently push under the rug started to emerge. #1 the issue of Alltel now switching over to AT&T. #2 I have the opportunity to possibly change service providers and get off on my own. Issue #3 (aka the big one) I needed to make a monthly budget. #4 I hate money!
I started to talk to my accountant, my best friend who loves money and is good with money. This is about our fourth conversation in one week dealing with money. Every time it ends with him saying, you need to make a budget Krystal. Not in so many words he chooses to be kind. I also know that my father would say the same thing. As a matter of fact if he is reading this he may be slightly disappointed to find out I didn’t have on yet. (Don’t worry dad, it was made prior to writing a blog)
What has life taught me? Problems don’t go away. Deal with them sooner rather than later. Budgets are not scary; they simply knock you on your butt, but will in the end hopefully keep you from drowning in debt. It is easy to recover from getting kicked on your butt, drowning, although the hope of being able to be revived may be present, it doesn’t usually end up so great.
When you buy tofu it comes in a square, sealed container that has water in it. You need to cut off the amount that you want and squeeze out the water. This can be tricky however, I took a portion, put it on a paper towel on a plate. Took another plate and placed it on top with a can of spaghetti sauce to squeeze. There is a tool you can buy for this if you become a tofu fan.
Next cut the tofu into small squares and put it into a skillet with olive oil to sauté it for a bit. While sautéing the tofu take a bag of frozen stir fry mix and put it into another skillet. I added onions and a bit of garlic to this pan as well.
When your Tofu is ready about 15-20 min. of being stirred around in the oil, add it to the veggies. Add your favorite stir fry sauce, I used A taste of Thai Sweet Red Chili Sauce, found at Hy-Vee. Let it simmer for another 10 min. BAM a delicious meal! Oh, oops, while your waiting it might be a good idea to eat the leftover Halloween candy that the trick-or-treaters didn't get.
· Firm Tofu
· Bag of frozen Stir Fry Veggies
· Some onions
· Favorite stir fry sauce
“Therefore do not freak out about tomorrow, for tomorrow will probably freak out about itself. Each day has enough problems of its own. Dance with God today, He will help you with tomorrow.” My interpretation of Matt. 6 :34
No comments:
Post a Comment