Sunday, February 27, 2011

Love, Laugh, Live

Despite the fact that snow and freezing rain entered central Iowa territory on Saturday the day was filled wtih all smiles and laughs from the moment I opened my eyes. 
The Saturday morning pancake ritual was kept alive once again.  I now live for Saturday mornings and pancakes.  However, it was spiced up a bit by adding some flavor, pumpkin flavor that is.  I had left over pumpkin pie filling from my oatmeal this week and found a recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes.  1/3 c. pancake mix and 1/4 c. pumpkin pie filling mixed with some butter, egg white, cinnamon and water to make some very tasty pancakes.  I usually do not eat syrup on my cakes, but there is no other way I would eat these babies! 
Then it was out to shovel the drive and pack.  Yes, pack.  I had to meet my friends at noon in order to head down to Des Moines.  We had a group of 14 that were going to go and see Pauly Shore (Son- in- Law anyone?!?!?)  at the Funny Bone and then head out on the town afterwards.  Pauly was funny, the company was great and it was all around just a good time! 
This all caused me to reflect though.  I realized, I am so in love with  my life right now.  I am very thankful that God is in control of my life and not me, because he did and is doing a pretty good job!  Every heartbreak, stumble, or tear was really worth it becasue had it not been for them...I may not have applied for my current job, met my new great friends, kept in contact with my old awesome friends  or have any of the blessing that God has given me. 
So even though I am very tired right now,  my heart is still smiling, just remembering the random fun that can be enjoyed with good company and great friends!

 Life is a miracle from the first to the last breath.  It's a journey and it's a mystery worth celebrating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment