This wonderful morning made me realize that even with the fear of the future being overcome by the one who is in control. (why should I worry, his plan is what I pray be revealed, he can control it) I still have some sort of hole in my heart. Maybe a hole is the wrong way to explain it. I feel restless. I feel I have something and I need to share it, get rid of it. I don't even know what it is. I have so much love that I want to pour out all over this world...but don't know how! I don't have an answer for what to do about this feeling, but I do have a substitute while I search and wait.
With Holy Week upon us, or as my pastor calls it Best Week Ever, I always realize that I don't know what happened,when in this process. Sure when I was in college I started to give something up during lent, in order to sacrifice a part of me. But why is that certain day a few months ago designated as Ash Wednesday? What is Palm Sunday, when he came riding through on a colt (learned that today it was on a baby donkey, not even a full grown donkey) but why? Where was he going? What is Good Friday? When was he actually crucified? What is the timeline and why's for the Lent Season? That is my biggest question and quest. So...as the ultimate gift of love, to sacrifice his son, takes place this week. I am going to learn as much as I can about it. How do I know what it means to truly love unconditionally if I don't even know the greatest story of love in all of history. Love enough to be crucified for me.
Off to find answers! Happy Holy Week!
" I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet the stones will cry out." Luke 19:40
No comments:
Post a Comment