Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sunday Funday/ Easter Celebrations

Easter has always been my favorite holiday.  Seriously.  The best family gathering I can think of.  Thanksgiving is right up there but Easter has the bonus of the dawning of Spring weather!

The weekend consisted of being reminded how beautiful my high school friends are, we went out to eat at 6:30 (prime dining out time) in our sweatpants!  Then we went back to their house for some catching up, movies, and homemade daiquiris! 
Saturday was a bit different as well.  For once mom and dad were staying home and Brandon and I were heading out on a load.  Yup, he allowed me to haul some pigs with him.  I didn't do any work, just moral support.  It was great! 
Then Sunday= Funday!!!  It started with some cinnamon rolls, and the amazing food just kept coming.  The whole Rozeboom family gathered at my aunt and uncle's house.  The weather was beyond perfection!  The kids, big and little enjoyed playing with the toys, sandbox and four wheelers.  Then of course we had to take the new bikes out.  My hair was a huge mess, but I could have cared less.  The part that made this day amazing was that there was the smell of a bonfire all day.  The fire pit was being stoked all day long.  Summer will come, it has to.  The reason this is my favorite holiday is this is the usual.  The traditions are what makes this holiday.   **side note, I went to Washington DC and New York for a band and chorus trip in high school.  That year I called home on Easter Sunday to talk to my parents and in the background I could hear the hum of the three wheelers (at the time).  They were having egg races on them!!  I enjoyed my time in DC and NY but I really hated to miss Easter. 
With Easter over I guess we can look forward to Memorial Day, and being finished with school!!!  Something new for the holiday.  All of the veteran teachers say they can hardly remember a year when school was out before Memorial Day.  No news on the job yet, hopefully before Memorial Day!
Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment