Sunday, October 2, 2011

Falling for Fall.

Fall is in the air, everywhere I look around.

The weekend started out with a relaxing, slow starting Saturday.  However, once I stepped outside I knew that this weekend was going to be focused around the beautiful fall, falling leaves.  A bike adventure was the Saturday workout.  The season gives you the perfect motivation to keep a steady pace.  (don't stop or the little black, pinchy, bugs will get you!)

Briggs Woods




I love the leaves that are turning bright red. 

I decided it had been a while since I made an apperance on my own blog. 

After Church I decided that today I would drink my calories for lunch.  A quick trip to Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte set the mood for the Sunday afternoon drive. 

My plan was to hit the country roads.  No definate destination just turn around if I hit hwy. 30 and head back home.  My plans changed when I came to a "T" in the road and decided to head east.  This caused me to run directly into Dolliver Memorial State Park and today was some sort of car show in the park!  They had classics cars to tricked out new cars to a really dirty, not so shinny 2006 Saturn Vue (really wished I had washed her like I had planned to last week!).  HA I decided to pull over for a bit and enjoy the sights. 



The general even showed up!



After the cars started to slow I decided it was time to try and find my way back home.  I took in a few more amazing fall sights and found some familiar roads.  


It was pretty tough to go from the great sights of an Iowa fall to the dungeon of a classroom but I did it!  A few hours later and a lot of work accomplished I headed home to tune into some baseball and clean.  Nothing too exciting for the week.  Just taking some time to stop and smell the harvest.  Off to start the week!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment