This morning my favorite "famous person" was on tv. Yes, Iowa Girl Eats from the blog iowagirleats.com was on channel 8 news this morning cooking up some sandwiches. Ahhhh you realize that you can read about someone for a year and never hear her voice. It's pretty much how I imagined it but still you get the sort of weird feeling like when someone wears a skirt all their life and then wear pants...omg they have legs!!! Ha. However not even a min. after I switched from the news to CMT videos did I get text message. A para was going to be absent, thus causing a shift in my day. Oh well I will deal with it because...tomorrow is Saturday! Then after getting to school I got soooo many compliments on my new TOMS shoes which are super comfy and every time I wear them I feel like I am making a difference. In addition to the new shoes feeling, a fellow teacher knows my love of this season and the flavors of the season...aka anything pumpkin and went to Wal-Mart, which she boycots, because a friend had told her about some pumpkin PopTarts. I don't think I have had a PopTart since middle school. However, I was not about to reject this lovely, sugar filled treat simply because it has absolutely no nutritional value, oh no I had to test these babies out! The verdict, they are good but could use a bit more pumpkin flavoring, but for the general public who isn't pumpkin crazy, they are Pumpkin Perfect!
The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. However, this week was a killer, two of my para's were spent and I took a two hour nap after my workout. Glad to see that this job isn't just exhausting for me...I was starting to feel like the only one! Off for a Saturday adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment