This week marked the end of my 3rd year teaching in the same school district. Each year has been a little bit different with grade levels and responsibility and that will be changing again in my 4th year, but it makes me a little bit more rounded of an individual in my teaching abilities for the day when I decide to make new leaps and bounds.
We are starting to go 1:1 as a school district meaning every kid will have technology in their hands and we will try to incorporate these devices into daily learning to help mold our kids even more in their future- which will be filled with technology. While at a professional development day I stumbled up on a new tool to use on Google and I found some documents that appeared from out of nowhere. -this verified what I have been told and telling my students "what you put on the web is out there and will continue to be out there. You can't erase all the footprints you leave on the web." Seriously this document that I found was from a Thanksgiving post a few years ago. While I realize it is on my blog and will forever be on the blog I had forgotten about this rough draft that was saved in some random space on the web.
Here is my reflection one Thanksgiving after my decision to take my first ever teaching job.
God then laughed at me a bit and said his plan was a little town of Webster City. Thank goodness He takes care of the details and I don’t need to worry (although yes, I do). I didn't know why he sent me there but I knew after I accepted this job and nearly bounced out the front entrance this was going to be something good. (Yes, I actually remember saying with tears running down my face from fear, excitement and just being very overwhelmed, “this is going to be something good.”) While I was content with the feeling of “something good” I still knew I wanted to know/ find my purpose. Why was I sent here? What am I suppose to be doing? Why, How, When, For how long???? The questions still come but I have my amazing family and friends that remind me not all the answers are there right now and not all the answers will come, even in my lifetime. But as a great friend once told me, in summary of course I cannot remember the actual quote, “My faith in God frees me from needing to know all the details.”
I am still looking for some of those answers but a few have come. Why am I here? Of course for the kids that I have had the privilege of being part of their lives for 180 days. For being near my best friend who could be my support and family in this uncertain chapter. For bringing me to meet the man of my dreams. I still don't know the exact purpose, duration and other details but I do know that this is still "something good".
Year 4 to commence in two months. Maybe in 2+ years I will stumble up on this entry again and have a reflection on past reflections of reflections. either way, life is still chugging along and I am pretty content where God is leading me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment