#1 Fearless by Max Lucado and #2 Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst

I have a friend who read Fearless and found it to be very insightful. After a few meltdowns last week that took me completely off guard and the wanting for more meaning in life I decided reading a book about not living in fear and instead embracing faith, might be exactly what I need. I am on chapter 3 and already am being reminded of everything I already knew but needed to hear again.
First of all when we live in fear we become a angry. Fear and happiness don't coincide.
Second why are we afraid? There are countless verses in the bible where God reassures us that we don't need to be afraid. We are more valuable than the sparrow, He knows the number of hairs on our head. Yet I have the nerve to be afraid! Do I doubt the great provider? Yup, why because I have decided to revert back to my old ways of leaning on my own understanding and paving my own way. "lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." I can say over and over again that God's plan is far better than mine. However, I usually only says that after being sick with worry and several months of things working themselves out, according to his plan. I need to learn to say that God's plan is better than mine no matter the circumstance. I should also believe it with my whole heart, not just say it. :S
So that was my reminder to not live in fear but instead in faith. Then the book goes into different kinds of fear. For example, the fear of not being worth anything, not making a difference. For this the book reminded me that I am "fearfully and wonderfully made." "we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." #1 I am a masterpiece, I need to remind the devil of that when his unhealthy thoughts try to take up space in my head and heart. #2 God planned for me to do good things long ago.
So those are my living life without fear reminders so far in this book Fearless. I would recommend it to anyone needing a head and heart checkup or for those exploring alternatives to feelings of fear and despair that this world throws at us. I haven't started Made to Crave yet but it looks a woman's life and how we crave the connection with God and other things but fill them with food! I have not doubt that book will be very insightful too!

No comments:
Post a Comment