Tuesday, July 2, 2013

One of my many "moments"

After turning 25 this year I feel like I have been having more and more "moments" of forgetful/ridiculousness.  This is an example of one a few years ago- prior to the big 25 that I was reminded of today. 

If you look at previous posts there was one where I almost caught my apartment that I shared with my best friend on fire.  I love to cook but I had a major "moment" of error when I wanted to make beer battered green beans.  Since that moment I have been a bit more careful with cooking. 
I had to make hard boiled eggs.  I put the eggs in the pan with water and cranked them up on high.  A few minutes later I heard some "chip, chip chip..." coming from the pan.  First though- the eggs I just bought from Hy-Vee have live chicks in them and I am slowly killing them!!!! If you also know me I am not a fan of bird of any kind.  This was a pretty traumatic experience at time.  Thank goodness I had a roommate at the time and she got home when I was mid freak-out- she is soo good at coming in right at the perfect moment.  :)  Also thank goodness she is science brained and was able to discuss with me what was happening in my pan.  However, this also spurred our conversation and research project on how do you have one egg that is edible and one that has a baby chick in it.  Everyone laughs because they think it is ridiculous that two 25 year old educated women were so concerned and confused about this.  Before you judge look it up... it is complicated!

This reminiscing of old times was brought on when I was missing my old roommate and while I was making hard boiled eggs- deviled eggs, for a 4th of July dinner with my boyfriends family.  Yes, I am no longer an independent, do as I please girl.  I've been tied down a bit.  More on that later.  I've been battling with how to incorporate that into my blog.  More of how it's changed my life than who this man is.  :) 

Hope you had a good little laugh!  Happy 4th of July week!

No comments:

Post a Comment