Saturday, May 28, 2011

El Fin!

Year one...Done !?#*^&&!$%^%$?!

I would love to say I am just full of excitement and that 20 exclamation points is the only punctuation needed for the end of that statement.  I haven't sorted through all the emotions yet to settle on one.  I am exhausted, excited, frustrated, sad, happy, hopefully, and feeling a little lost.  I am a kind of worried about how I will fill my time this summer.  Although give me a week or two and I will probably have that little problem all figured out.  I mentioned to my co-workers last night at our end of the year party, I feel like an 8th grader going to high school.  I probably have some of the same emotions to sort through.  I don't belong to the middle school anymore, but don't fit in at the high school yet and after a year of finally figuring this business out...I'm off to uncharted territory again.  One day at a time, and it will all be fine. :)

To wrap up this year I have some things that were written in my "smile book" ( a book that has a heart and a smile on it, to put all my good memories from teaching) that will always remain fond memories of my first year.  Let's begin!

1. "Are they playing Koosh?"  "Dude, that class is so cool"- a message from a wandering student
2. "Oh no, here comes spell check."  - correcting a student's paragraph
3. "Whoa!  He's a ninja!" - After a student's awesome catch while playing koosh.
4. " I'm gonna have to follow you around all day to correct your mistakes aren't I?"- One of my favorite students offering to help when I told her friend to remove her hat in school...but it was hat day.
5. "Something smells like smelly french fries!  Did you eat fries without me?"
6. Student- "My mom works from 5am- 2pm." Me- "Whoa, that's early." Student- "Yeah, I think she gets there that early to be the first to make the coffee."  When trying to find a time to schedule a meeting.  Honestly, what do your kids think you do at work. :)
7. Teacher- "How does hot air balloons get back to Earth?"  Student- "They open a flap." Other student- " How do you know?" Student- " I watch Curious George."   Thank goodness for educational television.
8. "Ms. Rozeboom!  You're going to hell!"  After I had lied about what the juice boxes were for.  Don't worry this student got a juice box.
9. " Sometimes, when I get really nervous I have to go to the bathroom.  I feel like I could crap myself." - During the school wide sponge ball tournament.  I had no response except, Go, and hurry back.

10.  Mr. Harding- "you remember what I said the first time I met you?" Me- "It was an interview, you said a lot, please be more specific."  Mr. Harding- "I will do anything to keep you here.  I'm gonna get you back, don't get to comfy at the high school kid."

Kids say the darndest things!  I will miss my middle school co-workers, the greetings, pick-me-ups, and the amazing potlucks and goodies.  Off to enjoy summer and prepare for next year!


“When you have come to the edge of all life that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, Faith is knowing One of Two things will happen. There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly. “ —

No comments:

Post a Comment