Back in the saddle again.
This weekend I started my three weekends of coaching classes. I have been WAITING for the time when my schedule finally worked to take them. It has given me new motivation for a future as well. However, the new learning and new motivation did come at a cost. Yes, the people that I usually go riding with, went on Saturday while I was in class. I have missed the past two times of riding, I really hope that my schedule gets figured out so I can go again soon.
Onto this new motivation.
Did you know the human body is AMAZING! Look at the muscle that we have, and this is a very, very simplified diagram.
Why do we sit and waste away, not engage all these muscles. Did you know that more than 60% of adults do not engage in physical activity and that 25% of adults lead sedentary lives (no physical activity). What a shame! People look to diets to change themselves, become healthier when a major answer to problems could be...get up and MOVE people!
Now that I am on my way to being able to coach the next step is to become a group fitness instructor. Zumba, spin, yoga, boot camps and the list could go on. However, in order to teach those classes, sometimes back to back the instructor needs to be in great shape. Also I will do another 1/2 marathon next year and I will beat my time. Therefore...a body blast is needed.
Body Blast is what I am calling this. For the next 6 weeks I will be upping my physical activity. Wearing a heart monitor during workouts to get my maximum heart rate. Shedding all the unwanted, unnecessary layers that are hiding these fabulous, amazing muscles. I will be monitoring my protein, iron, sugar, caloric, and water intake. Sugar isn't all that necessary but I am just curious as to how much sugar I have in a day. I will be posting my daily workouts on here. I tend to get in a rut with my workouts which is why I will be calling on all my fitness experts, aka friends that engage in regular physical activity. I will be writing down everything that goes into my mouth. I don't plan on having that posted but I will share some recipes. For the past few years I have had success in changing my lump of a body to a healthy vessel, however, we all hit the plateau and I have hit it for almost a year now. You can't get off the plateau by passively sitting around, you need to muster up the energy and leap. Join me in my leap!
*The activities that I will be engaging might not be suitable for all individuals. Please consult a doctor with any health concerns. If you choose to use any workout programs please modify to fit your skill level.

No comments:
Post a Comment