Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 1: Body Blast

Holy Moly!

First of all let me introduce you to a method of training I used today.  It is a great way to burn calories and keep them burning, even while resting.  HIT (High Intensity Training) is when you do a medium workout with bursts of, omg I want to die, intervals.  When I first started I would do a 5.5 on the treadmill for 1 1/2 min. then do a burst of 7.0 for 30 seconds and repeat for five min.  Then do a regular run at 6.0 for 5 min and then do HIT for five more min.  This killed me!  Not up for running but want to try HIT?  That is fine the best thing about HIT is it can work for anyone.  All you have to do is activity to strain yourself, increase your heart rate for specific intervals.  You could walk and then increase your slope and maybe speed a bit.  Whatever you do at the end, you should feel like you have just raced a train.  That's what one source told me. 

Now for today's work out!

<><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <>  <><>  <> <>   <><>  <> <>  <>   <><>  <> <>  <> <>

5 min.

Easy run warm-up



Light stretch

7-8 min.

1 mi. HIT run-  2 min @ 6.0- 30 sec. @ 9.0 – 1.5 min. @ 6.0- repeat 1.5/30 sec. interval

2min.

Arms- lateral raise (10), side raise (10) w/ 15 lbs.

7-8 min.

1 mi. HIT run - 2 min @ 6.0- 30 sec. @ 9.0 – 1.5 min. @ 6.0- repeat 1.5/30 sec. interval

3 min.

Arms- repeat above + Overhead press

5 min.

Abs- medicine ball sit-up with twist (40x), medicine ball between feet leg raise to hands(10x)

8-9 min.

1 mi. HIT run-  2 min @ 6.0- 30 sec. @ 9.0 – 1.5 min. @ 6.0- repeat 1.5/30 sec. interval

3 min.

Arms- repeat above w/ 20 lbs.

10 min.

Abs- repeat above + sit-ups on bench (40x)

3 min.

Squats- Sumo Squats (10x), regular squat (20x)

10 min.

Walking- incline 5 @ 4.3 speed

5 min.

Walking- incline 0 @ 4.0 speed



Stretch

Also with a HIT workout the recovery time is always a little bit more.  So do this kind of workout when you have time to just chill.  I would not recommend doing it before going to work or something.  You might drag a bit. 

After counting calories, water, sugar, iron and protein, this is what I have found.

<><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><> <><><><>

Protein-50g./day

28g.

Sugar- minimal is best

53 g.

Iron- 18 mg/day

39% not sure how that converts to mg??

Water- 9 cups/ day

14 cups

Calories-1200/ day

1166


#1 frozen fruit has soooooo much sugar and is not worth it- I will find a substitute.
#2 Iron is measured in a percentage, not sure how that can be applied to a daily intake.  More research will be done.
#3 Sugar and Protein numbers, need to magically switch places.
#4 drinking more water in a day, needs to be aligned with my schedule...bathroom breaks are needed.
#5 It feels soooo good to stick to this. 

I wanted to give up on the 15 min walking part.  I didn't think my legs would go or that the incline would be manageable.  I worked my way up to it, by min. 3 I was full blown incline 5 @4.3.  Very accomplished. 

Also a side note...I will buy a heart monitor but did you know a WalMart/ Target brand is still $60.  I need to do some more research before I buy one.

Also, not sure what the characters are before my tables.  This is to be helpful for a workout not on how to blog.  I will try to fix it for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment